The Specific Relief (Amendment) Act 2018 changes the features of contract remedies. The important provisions relating to contract remedies are as follows:
- Specific Performance is a general remedy.
- The list of contracts not specifically enforceable has changed.
- Specific performance by or against limited liability partnership
- Readiness and willingness need be proved
- Personal bar to relief after substituted performance
- Court’s discretion removed
- New remedy of substituted performance
- No compensation in substitution of specific performance.
- No injunction to restrain progress of infrastructure projects
- Other provisions.
Click to read or download
the Specific Relief Act 1963 (as amended in 2018)(SRA 1963)
the Specific Relief Act 1963 as amended showing all changes.